Salesforce Design Challenge: Official Rules & Guidelines
- You can submit multiple entries, but each entry should be a unique design.
- The main component of your design must be manufacturable on a laser cutter or 3D printer.
- Single part designs are preferred.
- The render should show the product in a 3 dimensional representation.
- Materials and colors should be evident.
- Size and scale should be evident.
How To Submit Your Entry.
1) Come up with a great idea!
2) Create a designer account on 99designs.
3) Upload your concepts to the contest page.
- PNG, GIF or JPG (RGB).
- Maximum file size of 8mb.
- Minimum dimensions of 960px by 960px.
- Maximum dimensions of 2040px by 8160px.
How To Create A Product That Sells
Everything you need to know about creating a product to sell.
Renders should be presented 3D view with annotations.
How Your Submissions Will Be Assessed.
Ponoko will choose finalists based on the following criteria, in no particular order:
- Audience fit.
- Clarity and resolution of design.
- Production feasibility.
- Market appeal.
$1,000 will be awarded to the designer who creates the product picked by Outforce to be produced. If no design is picked for production the $1,000 prize pool will distributed evenly to all the finalists (max 6 finalists).
16 December – The 99designs contest page will be open for designers to submit their ideas.
20 December – The contest closes and no more submissions can be accepted.
21 December – Finalists will be selected and contacted to make modest revisions to their submissions to refine the concepts.
24 December – The revision period ends. Concepts will be presented to Outforce who pick the design they want to manufacture.
07 January – The winner will be notified and the design files will be handed over.
The Fine Print.
- Your entry must be submitted by December 20.
- All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
- Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Ponoko, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this competition.
- Winner agrees that prizes are being provided “as is”, and Ponoko makes no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- If no winner is selected the prize money will be distributed equally to the finalists.
- Ponoko is not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Ponoko reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the competition at any time as necessary, at their sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at their sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this competition.
- By submitting an entry and entering this competition, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of Delaware and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.
- By entering this contest you also agree to the guidelines and policies for designers at 99designs.com.