Serial Miniature OLED Module - 1.7" (uOLED-160-G1GFX)
Cost: $59.95 each
Description: 4D Systems' line of smart miniature OLEDs make it easy to add dazzling, full-color graphics and text to your embedded project. By incorporating their powerful GOLDELOX embedded graphics controller, 4D has taken the load off of your system. The uOLED board also has an on-board uSD card slot where you can store images, animations, icons, etc.
Two different firmwares are available from 4D Systems and either of the two can be loaded onto the GOLDELOX chip at any time. The GFX firmware is designed to act as a standalone microcontroller which you can program with the 4DGL language, which is similar to C. The SGC firmware configures the module to act as a slave processor, communicated via serial and handling only the graphics processing tasks while your favorite microcontroller does the external control.
The uOLED-160-G1 is the largest (if you can call it large) of the smart miniature OLEDs from 4D Systems measuring in with a 1.7" screen. Check out the 4D Systems product page for more information about the firmware options (PmmC) and how to swap them out!
Note: It's been brought to our attention that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You'll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which you can find in the related items below.
- 160 x 128 pixel resolution
- 65K colors
- 1.7” diagonal (active area: 33.6x26.9mm)
- OLED requires no backlight with near 180° viewing angle
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- Voltage supply from 3.6V to 6.0V, current @ 40mA nominal when using a 5.0V supply
- Serial (0V to 3.3V) with auto-baud feature (300 to 256Kbps)
- Powered by the GOLDELOX processor
- 2 interfaces: Serial Command platform (factory default) or the 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) platform
- Onboard micro-SD (μSD) card socket for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. (64Mb to 2Gb)
- Three selectable font sizes (5x7, 8x8 and 8x12)
- Built in graphics commands such as: LINE, CIRCLE, RECTANGLE, TEXT, USER BITMAP, BACKGROUND COLOR, PUT PIXEL, IMAGE, etc.