Serial Miniature OLED Module - 1.5" (uOLED-128-G1GFX)
Cost: $49.95 each
Description: 4D Systems' line of smart miniature OLEDs make it easy to add dazzling, full-color graphics and text to your embedded project. By incorporating their powerful GOLDELOX embedded graphics controller, 4D has taken the load off of your system. The uOLED board also has an on-board uSD card slot where you can store images, animations, icons, etc.
Two different firmwares are available from 4D Systems and either of the two can be loaded onto the GOLDELOX chip at any time. The GFX firmware is designed to act as a standalone microcontroller which you can program with the 4DGL language, which is similar to C. The SGC firmware configures the module to act as a slave processor, communicated via serial and handling only the graphics processing tasks while your favorite microcontroller does the external control.
The uOLED-128-G1 is a "middle-sized" smart miniature OLEDs from 4D Systems measuring in with a 1.5" screen. Check out the 4D Systems product page for more information about the firmware options (PmmC) and how to swap them out!
Note: It's been brought to our attention that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You'll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which you can find in the related items below.
- 128x128 pixel resolution
- 65K true to life colors
- 1.5" diagonal display
- OLED requires no backlight with near 180 degree viewing angle
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET
- Voltage supply from 3.6V to 6.0V @ 40mA nominal when using a 5.0V supply
- Serial TTL (0V to 3.3V) with auto-baud feature (300 to 256Kbps). If interfacing to a system greater than 3.6V supply, a series resistor (1K) is required on the RX line.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language.
- Onboard micro-SD (uSD) memory card socket for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. (64Mb to 2Gb)
- Three selectable font sizes (5x7, 8x8 and 8x12)
- Built in graphics commands: LINE, CIRCLE, RECTANGLE, TEXT, USER BITMAP, BACKGROUND COLOUR, PUT PIXEL, IMAGE, etc.