Tool Kit - Intermediate
Cost: $59.95 each
Description: This box of tools is a happy medium between the beginner and deluxe tool kits. Most of the tools necessary to assemble, solder, and troubleshoot your projects are included here. These tools are tried and true - used here at SparkFun on a daily basis.
The latest version of the kit does away with a few of the lesser-used items.
Note: The solder spool in this kit is leaded. We prefer using leaded solder on prototypes or other non-production type things - it's easier to work with (flows better). If you're new to soldering, the leaded solder will make things a bit easier.
- Soldering Iron - 30W US 3-Prong 110V - Simple, fixed-temperature soldering iron
- Soldering Iron Stand - Keeps your soldering iron handy and off the floor
Solder Wick #2 5ft. - Generic - If you've never used wick before, this will save your
- Liquid Flux Pen - Water Soluble - Flux is your friend, your best friend.
- Monocle Magnifier - Illuminated - Gotta see those tiny SMD parts!
- Wire Strippers 30AWG - A must have! Goes down to 30AWG
- Digital Multimeter - Good volt/current meter, with continuity testing
- Diagonal Cutters - Snip those long leads!
- Solder Leaded 10-gram Tube
- SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers