Serial TFT LCD 4.3" with Touchscreen - uLCD43
Cost: $139.95 each
Description: The μLCD43(GFX) is an intelligent graphics display that harnesses the power of Active Matrix LCD (TFT) technology to deliver a diverse range of features in a single, compact cost effective unit. Embedded at the heart of the design is the PICASO-GFX2 processor.
The PICASO-GFX2 belongs to a family of processors powered by a highly optimised soft core virtual engine, E.V.E. (Extensible Virtual Engine). EVE is a proprietary, high performance virtual processor with an extensive byte-code instruction set optimised to execute compiled 4DGL programs. 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) was specifically developed from ground up for the EVE engine core. It is a high level language which is easy to learn and simple to understand yet powerful enough to tackle many embedded graphics applications.
4DGL allows the developer to write applications in a high level syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal and run it directly on the PICASO-GFX2 processor embedded in the uLCD-43 module. It allows the user to take complete control of all available resources on that hardware platform such as the Serial Ports, Graphics LCD Display, uSD memory card, I/O pins, etc. This eliminates the need for an external host controller/processor to drive the uLCD-43 module via serial commands. It provides the user complete control over the hardware module allowing them to quickly develop powerful applications.
Note: The module can be switched to a "SGC" by changing the firmware. It's been brought to our attention that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You'll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which you can find in the related items below.
- Low-cost 4.3" LCD-TFT display graphics user interface solution.
- 480 x 272 QVGA resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT screen.
- Integrated 4-Wire Resistive Touch Panel
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO-GFX2 processor (also available as separate OEM IC for volume users).
- 14KB of Flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- 16 x General Purpose I/O pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4GB.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and complex sound generation.
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8Ω speaker for sound generation and WAV file playback.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions. For all available features and functions under the 4DGL programming language.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters.
- 2 x 15 pin 0.1" Pitch SMT header for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 105.5 x 67.0 x 14.7mm (excluding mounting tabs).
- Display Viewing Area: 95.0 x 53.9mm
- 4 x mounting tabs with 3mm holes for mechanical support.