Hakko FX888 Soldering Station
Cost: $99.95 each
Description: For over 50 years, Hakko has been producing superior quality soldering and desoldering tools. They're dependable, a good value and they work really well! We use Hakko irons in production and we think they're great.
The FX-888 is essentially a re-design of the old standby Hakko 936 model, a soldering iron that's been cloned by everyone in the business. This iron, however, takes up 35% less surface area on your workbench than it's predecessor. Also, with improved thermal performance and recovery time, this iron will have no trouble keeping up with your soldering demands.
- Uses 35% less surface area on your workbench
- Adjustable temperature control with lock/set screw
- Temperature range 392°-896°F (200°- 480°C)
- Maintains idle temperature within 1.8°F (1°C)
- Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
- Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature display
- Temperature adjusted by simply turning the dial
- Slender iron handles are padded and have an ergonomic design for comfort and ease of use
- Wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications