Making Things Move
Cost: $29.95 each
Description: Dustyn Roberts' Making Things Move is a wonderful introduction to practical mechanics. This book teaches you the basics of building moving mechanisms through non-technical explanation, not abstract engineering theory. These straight-forward explanations, together with examples and DIY projects, will help you form a solid understanding of concepts like attaching couplers and shafts to a motor or converting rotary motion to linear motion. Jam-packed with pictures, drawings, screenshots, and down-to-Earth instruction, Making Things Move focuses on practical application with an emphasis on readily available parts, materials and processes.
- Practical and easy-to-understand explanations.
- Discussions on modern fabrication processes such as Laser-cutting and 3D printing, and how to access them.
- Over a dozen topic-focused projects and three broad-scale projects incorporating lessons form the whole book.
- Shopping lists and off-the-shelf component guides for DIY projects.
- Includes online component for continuing education with the book's companion website and blog.