Cost: $34.95 each
Description: Want to learn the fundamentals of electronics in a fun and experiential way? Start working on some excellent projects as soon as you crack open this unique, hands-on book. Build the circuits first, then learn the theory behind them! With Make: Electronics, you'll learn all of the basic components and important principles through a series of "learn by discovery" experiments. And you don't need to know a thing about electricity to get started.
Get step-by-step instructions on building working devices that demonstrate fundamentals such as voltage, amperage, resistance, inductance, and capacitance. Then tackle more complex electronics concepts, including analog/digital conversion, logic gates, and integrated circuits. Along the way, you'll learn valuable tips and techniques, always with clear explanations of what you're doing and why.
- Start out by breaking things -- experiment with components and learn why you experience failure
- Set up a tricked-out project space -- your own at-home work area, equipped with all of the tools and parts you'll need for the experiments in this book
- Learn about all of the key electronic components and their functions within a circuit through a series of clearly presented, well-illustrated experiments
- Create a car alarm, holiday lights, wearable electronic jewelry, audio generators, a crystal radio, and a touch-sensitive lamp
- Work with brushed DC and stepper motors to understand their principles and applications
- Learn about programmable microcontrollers by building an automous robot cart that can sense its environment and avoid obstacles
If you've always wanted to learn electronics, but were intimidated by other books and overly-technical websites, this book is for you!
- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: Make Books; 1st edition (December 17, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596153740
- ISBN-13: 978-0596153748