Bluetooth Modem - BlueSMiRF RP-SMA
Cost: $64.95 each
Description: The BlueSMiRF RPSMA is the latest Bluetooth wireless serial cable replacement from Spark Fun Electronics! These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe. Press the 'A' character from a terminal program on your computer and an 'A' will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth® module. Any serial stream from 9600 to 115200bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target, from modem to module, even to any Bluetooth® device that supports SPP (almost all do). We've even tested these units successfully over open air at 350ft (106m)!
The remote unit can be powered from 3.3V up to 6V for easy battery attachment. All signal pins on the remote unit are 3V-6V tolerant. No level shifting is required. Do not attach this device directly to a RS232 serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this device to a computer.
You can select from two different remote types. BlueSMiRF includes hardware flow control (CTS and RTS) and uses a compact ceramic antenna. BlueSMiRF-RPSMA includes hardware flow control and a reverse polarized end-launch SMA connector that mates with RP-SMA terminated 2.4GHz antennas for even longer range!
Because we have changed the antenna configuration on the Bluetooth module, the FCC certification is no longer valid. But the module is completely suitable and legal for all home, hobby, and research applications.
Unit comes without a connector. Please see related male and female pins below.
- Class 1 Bluetooth® Radio Modem
- Fully qualified Bluetooth module
- Fully configurable UART
- Low power consumption : 25mA avg
- Hardy frequency hopping scheme - operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee
- Compatible with all Bluetooth® products that support SPP (almost all do)
- Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V-6V
- Serial communications: 2400-115200bps
- Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +70C
- RP-SMA Connector for all 2.4GHz antennas (RP common on routers and 2.4GHz devices)
- RN-41 Datasheet
- RN-41 AT Command Set
- BlueSMiRF RPSMA Schematic
- Wiring Example
- Connecting to a SSC-32 Robot
- Which Bluetooth® Module to buy?
This is a single unit only. We recommend the purchase a USB dongle to interface to a computer if you do not already have access to a computer with Bluetooth connectivity.
This unit does not come with an antenna. We recommend you purchase the 2.4GHz Duck Antenna RP-SMA.