My goal was to simulate a human yanking their hair out of frustration. I used small "strong, super magnets" as fingers and 24-gauge silver metal wire with yarn to create the effect.
Some production notes: Finding an adhesive to work well with the acrylic was difficult. I first used Krazy Glue (which worked well with the prototype) but not with the acrylic. I thought of other adhesives, but worried about how they might ruin the aesthetics of the clear plastic (elmers, rubber glue, etc.) So I ended up using a glue gun.
I should've did used more "acrylic" products: paint, markers, adhesive. Also, the arms could've been shorter. The plastic made them rather heavy.
The Trotec laser is a very intuitive machine and with more time, I would definitely make something else. Perhaps I will.