The Shruti-1 is a compact, digital synthesizer with a genuine analog filter, based on the CEM3379 chip. If you haven't heard of it, it's too late; you can't get one because it's discontinued.
Anyway, this case is extremely compact and minimal, which fits the overall theme and aesthetic of the device. This is a slight modification of the original case, which can be seen, here: http://www.glitched.org/up/diy-shruti-1-synthesizer-glitched/
There were two main changes: 1) removed the rear "hack_me" ports and 2) moved the volume knobs forward by a few millimeters to give more clearance to the power switch prongs.
When made with 3.0 mm white acrylic on a P2 sheet, these are the costs:
Making cost: $9.10
Material cost: $8.66
These are the standoffs I used:
91780A427 ALUMINUM FEMALE THREADED HEX STANDOFF, 1/4" HEX, 13/32" LENGTH, 4-40 SCREW
91780A103 ALUMINUM FEMALE THREADED HEX STANDOFF, 3/16" HEX, 1/4" LENGTH, 2-56 SCREW
The 1/4" standoffs support the control and i/o PCBs; the 3/16" standoffs go with the LCD. Remember: you'll need to get the screws that mate with the standoffs. (4-40's are easy to find, but 2-56's may not be readily available. I was lucky to find a Radio shack with an assortment.) As I mentioned in the aforementioned drop.io link, I opted to glue the standoffs to the case, using epoxy. This worked best for me, but you can use whatever method you want.
You will have to glue the four sides to the bottom to keep it sturdy, but the top should fit pretty well without any adhesive (you might want to get in there one day, anyway).
I spent a lot of time on the design, but am offering it up for free, in the spirit of open-sourceness.
If you would like to donate a small amount of money, which will subsidize future projects (including a case for the upcoming "Shruthi-1" synthesizer, which will be shared), send via paypal to: dl [at] glitched [dot] org.