This file is the cutting pattern for this felt bag, which is designed for an A4 fit. The bag is designed to be hand stitched together with ease, as the stitching holes are lasercut to ensure perfect, evenly spaced stitching.
The design is for 3mm felt. The photos show the engraved version of the bag, but the engraving design has been removed from the design file, so you can add you own pattern.
The design takes 10min 19sec to cut without any engraving (even faster if you’re cutting a solid panel rather than three strips), and the designs can be fitted onto a P3+P2. Of course, you can use 3x P3’s of different colour felt to make two bags with contrasting panels.
To complete the bag you need:
• 40mm wide belt buckle for the strap
• 2 snap domes
• Thick industrial thread (double layer)
1. Stitch the three panels together creating the main part of the bag. Length of the thread should be about six time more than the seam length, so there will be several stop/starts for each seam. Don’t make the thread too long or it will tangle.
2. Hammer on domes, making sure they face the right way
3. Sew in buckle for the strap and stitch the straps together
4. Attach straps to side panels
5. Attach the side panels to the main part