These cards have yet to fail in starting a conversation. I keep these for prospective employers and so far its worked every time (being an adjunct professor, I work at many different schools). Each person I've shared this with has asked how I made them, so I decided to create an easy to personalize template design so they can make them too! Please contact me if you have any questions about it. Have fun!
Steps to customize:
1. Replace the text (your name, your title, your website).
2. Replace the logo.
3. Select all of the objects within the business card.
4. Choose Object to Path in the Path menu (for Inkscape).
5. Choose Duplicate in the Edit menu (for Inkscape).
6. Change the X and Y coordinates for desired card:
Top Left: X = 43.700 Y = 299.563
Top Middle: X = 222.935 Y = 299.563
Top Right: X = 403.704 Y = 299.563
Bottom Left: X = 43.700 Y = 50.900
Bottom Middle: X = 222.935 Y = 50.900
Bottom Right: X = 403.704 Y = 50.900
7. Save your file and upload to Ponoko!
Estimated Making Cost for 6 Business Cards:
Using Free Ponoko Account
Making with logo: $40.80
Making without logo: $36.40
Using Prime Ponoko Account:
Making with logo: $27.54
Making without logo: $24.57